Saturday 1 December 2012

November Roundup

A little November update, and a little peek at some of the stuff i've been up to in November (and some of October... I've been a bit slack at keeping track!)




Well.. November seems to have shot by. It's now the first day of December, and i'm wondering where all the time has gone. 

Looking back, I've done a fair bit this month. We went for a lovely autumn walk in the sun, with the leaves just turning beautiful reds and yellows. It was a well needed break from the book i'm working on at the mo. 

I've been doing my fair share of crafty stuff too, mostly for work, but I've really enjoyed some of it, especially the crochet, and surprisingly, the embroidery. I reckon I'll be carrying some of it on, maybe make some blankets, or cushions or something. But mainly as a bit of a hobby. It's always fun to try new things. I even learned to crochet a hexagon!

There have been a lot of photoshoots this month too, for the book I'm working on. I've learned a lot, and have really enjoyed it, despite it being frustrating at times. Local cafes (Franks bar, Biddy's tea room and House cafe - thanks guys!) have been a saviour, and have been really helpful in letting me go and photograph them while they've been closed. 

David Attenbourgh came to Norwich! He did a book signing at Jarrolds and I met him! Eeep! He's a legend. 

There has been more drawing going on in November too, and it's been lovely. I finally managed to get myself to life drawing, and have been illustrating some new christmas cards, and designing a friends 'save the date' cards for her up-coming wedding! 

Busy times ahead. I just need to find some time to make everyones christmas presents now! I promised myself last year that i'd try not to buy any gifts, unless they were handmade... it's tougher than it seems! And it's getting colder, and I still need to make a door curtain! (and find a rug)

No comments:

Post a Comment