Tuesday 2 July 2013

My First Few Craft Fairs

At the beginning of the year, I set out to get involved in a few craft fairs.

It's been something I've been wanting to do for several years, but although I've had bits up on Etsy for a while now, I've not got around to taking the plunge into the world of craft markets. It seemed like a bit of a daunting prospect, to begin with. 



A few months on, and I've now had my stand at around four local events, with varying degrees of success. Some have gone better than others, I think that will always happen though, depending on the day, the location, and the weather. My stand has grown each time, and I'm happier with it each at every new event.



Each event has been a bit of a learning curve for me. Seeing how people react to my products, seeing what people are buying, and what they're not. It's really very interesting. 



I'm constantly coming up with ideas for new things to sell, and am gearing it all up to centre around my Illustration, maybe with the odd crafty bit creeping in, but mainly Illustration. I'm looking forward to expanding it, with some larger pieces. 

It's an exciting project, and I've met some lovely fellow stallholders, and some fab customers. There's still a lot to learn though, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment