Tuesday 24 April 2012

So, while waiting for Indesign to take an age to to make me a PDF of my book so far (it's a 96 page boys sticker book, with an Uber-short deadline), I thought i'd take the time to post some pics of my adventures in crochet so far:




So, I've made 9 squares so far, so i've got a way to go before I get a blanket out of them! But I've been doing a little bit every now and then, and their numbers keep growing, so I have faith that one day, there will be a blanket!

I've got Pip at meetmeatMikes to thank for helping me get to grips with the squares. There are some fab tutorials here:
http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.co.uk/p/granny-squares-101.html

Mine are nowhere near as nice as hers yet, but I reckon i'll try to master some fancier ones sometime soon... Watch this space!

I'm excited about the crochet, once i've mastered the granny squares, i'm going to have a bash at something else, maybe some amigurami...

Though i'm now quite tempted to try needle felting...

No comments:

Post a Comment