Sunday 21 October 2012

Autumn goodness

A quick little Sept/Oct update, and an Instagrammy snapshot of what we've been up to in Sept/Oct.


It's been a little while since I posted anything on here. I've been pretty busy with some exciting new projects, and getting illustrations ready for the Frankfurt book fair. So the last couple of months have been full of both work and play. Excessive tea drinking has helped me through the busier working days.

We visited Cornwall with Family and friends in September. It was a well deserved break. We ate a lot (of pasties - yum) and drank a lot of lovely Cornish Ale and cocktails.

I also got to visit 'Coast and Country Crafts' (http://www.coastandcountrycrafts.co.uk/) between Truro and Falmouth. I'd seen their advert in Mollie Makes magazine, and have wanted to visit for a little while. It was a treasure trove of crafty goodness and beautiful fabrics, lots of them cut in to fat quarters. I couldn't resist buying a few to add to my collection.

During September I also visited a couple of local car boot sales, and flea markets, picked up a lovely carved wooden owl for 20p, and came across a beautiful book on Poisonous Fungi, published by King Penguin books. They are a lovely series of books, all with brilliant covers. They were very inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment